Hope you enjoy these. All from my daily devotion book.
- Some people are so indecisive, their favorite color is plaid.
- Before passing judgment on a sermon, be sure to try it out in practice.
- Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Lord, make my words kind, because tomorrow I may have to eat them.
- Those who deserve love the least are the ones who need it the most.
- The brook would lose its song if the rocks were removed.
- Love is not just sentiment; it is service.
- When you pray, make sure your will is in neutral so God can shift it.
- Service is a gift of love to people given in gratitude for God’s gift of love for you.
- Man sees your actions, but God sees your motives.
Robert Frost is one of my favorite poets.
One that I really love is “The Road Not Taken.” I feel the last
part of that poem in many ways sums up my life. Many times, I think I have
taken the “one less traveled by.”
Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference
Do I regret it? Never. It has made life interesting.
So here are a few of his quotes. Hope you enjoy them. If you have never read his poetry, I encourage you to do so. I think you will enjoy them.
- Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.
- A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.
- Before I built a wall, I’d ask to know what I was walling in or walling out.
- Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can’t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.
- The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.
- If we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.In three words I can summed everything I have learned about life…”It goes on.”
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.
- The best way out is always through.
- The best things and best people rise out of their separateness; I’m against a homogenized society because I want the cream to rise.
- The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.