My husband has always liked short, but meaningful quotes that he reads or hears. He has a notebook where he writes them down. He also has just come up with many on his own over the years of teaching/preaching.
I am getting a new computer (my current one is almost eleven years old and just cannot keep up with all the new updates in the internet world). It’s like driving a model T car on the interstate. Does not work.
Going through all the documents and pictures I have accumulated in those eleven years is crazy. What needs to go to the trash bin and what needs to be saved to a new computer???
Going through my husband’s folder, I found one of his lists of quotes. Some are serious and thoughtful; some are just silly. Most of these are his own, but if there are any that are not original to him, I apologize for the plagiarism.
Before deleting, I thought I would share.
- Say “no” to sin and “yes” to God.
- Eternity is too long to be wrong.
- What part of “thou shalt not” did you not understand?
- You have a right to be wrong if you want to.
- There is more to serving God than 11 am on Sunday morning.
- Emotion without devotion is just commotion.
- Serving God is walking straight after you repent.
- I never saw a U-Haul behind a hearse.
- If you want something out of church, put something in.
- It is not what Grandma told you, what you think or what you saw that is the truth, but what “thus says the Lord.”