I have been sharing on Friday some of the funny and/or challenging things I read or hear in novels, sermons and conversation with friends. Since this week we are asked to remember the Christian martyrs, I would like to share a list of ten ways to pray for those who are persecuted for their faith even today.
- Pray that the persecuted believers will sense God’s presence.
- Pray they will feel connected to the Body of Christ.
- Pray they will experience God’s comfort when their family members are killed, injured or imprisoned for their witness.
- Pray they will have more opportunities to share the Gospel.
- Pray for boldness to make Christ known.
- Pray they will forgive and love their persecutors.
- Pray their ministry activities will remain undetected by those who wish to silence them.
- Pray they will be able to rejoice in the midst of suffering.
- Pray they will have access to God’s Word and grow in their faith.
- Pray they will know that others around the world are praying for them and have strength in that knowledge.
Such good prayers, all of them. That last one is particularly nice, and not one I would’ve thought of.
LikeLiked by 1 person
We definitely need to pray 🙏 for the believers who are persecuted. It is happening every where and they need the strength of the Lord to endure. Thanks for the reminder