- Let us never forget that the greatest thing we can do for God or for man is to pray.
- Intercession is service…unlike all other forms of service and superior to them in this: it has fewer limitations. In all other service, we are constantly limited by space, bodily strength, equipment, material obstacles and difficulties involved with differences of personality. Prayer knows no such limits…S.D. Gordon
- Prayer is partnership with God’s activities on earth…Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The greatest need is prayer. Without increasing the number of Christian workers or their financial support, we could see multiplied results if we would only multiply prayer…Wesley Duwell
- One way of laying down our lives is by praying for somebody. In prayer I am saying “my life for yours.” My time, my energy, my thought, my concern, my faith—here they are, for you…Elizabeth Elliott
- Praying takes personal time, energy and determination. No other personal commitment has been so hard to carry out.
- Prayer is asking God to align you with His will rather than asking Him to be aligned with yours.
- Prayer should not be regarded as a duty which must be performed, but rather as a privilege to be enjoyed…E.M. Bounds
- Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts…Mother Teresa
- I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day….Abraham Lincoln
I’ll have you know, #10 is one of my favorite quotes. I do “ask” in my prayers; however, most of what I ask for is for others. And I try to remember to always add at the end, “Not my will, but your will be done.” I say prayers every day. I had never thought of #2 – that prayer doesn’t have physical limitations – but, of course, it is true. #8 is a good reminder – prayer is a privilege. How very true! Thank you for your post.
Thanks for stopping by. Always good to seek God’s will rather than our own.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good stuff. I especially like that last one.
LikeLiked by 1 person