I have shared some of the one sentence (or two) quotes that I have found either good for a laugh – or serious reflection.
So – in honor of our mothers, let me share some quotes that I hope will make you laugh – but also appreciate your mother.
Things mother would NEVER say:
- “How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?”
- “Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too”
- “Just leave all the lights on … it makes the house look more cheery”
- “Let me smell that shirt — Yeah, it’s good for another week”
- “Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I’ll be glad to feed and walk him every day”
- “Well, if Timmy’s mom says it’s OK, that’s good enough for me.”
- “The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It’s not like I’m running a prison around here.”
- “I don’t have a tissue with me … just use your sleeve”
- “Don’t bother wearing a jacket – the wind-chill is bound to improve.
- You don’t want to eat your vegetables – just grab a hand of M&M’s.