Recently I began following another blogger whose posts I have enjoyed. Her post that caught my eye was listing five things she liked about herself. Check it out here:
The whole point is that we are quick to find things about our self we do not like, things we want to change, things that make us feel less than satisfied about who we are.
Why do we never look at our self in a positive light? So she encouraged her followers to take a look and see the good qualities they possess.
Here goes my list:
Five Things I Like About Myself
- I am a good musician and use my talent to help others. Since age ten I have been playing the piano. Over the years I have played for worship in church, played for weddings and funerals and written and performed Christmas programs. For the last 35 years I have been a volunteer at local nursing homes and assisted living facilities providing musical programs for the residents.
- I am a good cook. While I have never mastered the skill of making cookies, my pies and cakes are always welcome at a pot luck. My husband will testify that my meals are not only delicious but usually healthy. (Although I do probably cook too much pasta.)
- I am adventurous always taking the road not well traveled. When my husband suggested we do a two-year commitment teaching in a Bible college in the Philippines, I said “why not.” Sold everything we had and headed off on an adventure. In our 70’s when our youngest daughter took a position as pastor in a new state and moved with her family and my husband suggested we sell and move too, I said “why not.” On our road trips we always get off the interstate and follow the local roads just to see where they go. Our trips are always more interesting than following the well-marked roads.
- I am a positive person. While I have had my times of depression and discouragement, basically I see the glass half-full rather than half-empty. Life to me is a blessing from God to be enjoyed even when difficulty comes because my faith tells me that He will never leave me.
- I love to teach the Bible. Teaching Bible classes both in church, in homes and in the Philippines, my students tell me that I make the Word of God simple to understand and show them how it applies to the “here and now.”
So there – I challenge you to take a positive look and share five things you like about yourself. Then share them with me and/or on Cyranny’s blog. We’d love to know you better.
Check out her website at https://cyranny.com/ for more great articles.
What a terrific idea. Kudos to you and Cyranny for thinking up something positive. I don’t think I’ll do a full-on post about this, but I will tell you that I like that I’m a good writer, a good editor, I can be funny, I’m kind, and I’m honest. 🙂
I already knew you were a good writer and are funny! I love your posts. From all your kind responses to my posts I also figured out you were kind.
LikeLiked by 1 person
🙂 I guess I should’ve come up with more creative answers then, Barbara! 🙂
BTW, how did your doctor visit go?
Have a MRI for my shoulder next week. He wants to do a PET scan also but Medicare won’t pay – so wait until we get the MRI done and go from there. In the meantime I have a pain pill to take at night so I can sleep. Don’t like that – but it is a temporary solution.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hmm. Keep me posted.