During my marriage to my pastor husband, I have kept scrapbooks of our many years in ministry. Looking through the scrapbooks tonight I came across the pages from when my husband retired as pastor. (This was his first retirement. He came out of retirement twice – once to serve with me as worship pastors, once to be an interim pastor for a local church.)
Part of the ceremony of that day included a bulletin summarizing some of his work. Looking at the bulletin, I found his “Top Ten Sayings.”
Thought perhaps some might find them interesting. Some are a little amusing but many contain a truth to consider.
- Say “no” to sin and “yes” to God.
- Eternity is too long to be wrong.
- What part of “thou shalt not” did you not understand?
- You have a right to be wrong if you want to.
- There is more to serving God than 11 am on Sunday morning.
- Emotion without devotion is just commotion.
- Serving God is walking straight after you repent.
- I never saw a U-Haul behind a hearse.
- If you want something out of church, put something in.
- It is not what Grandma told you, what you think or what you saw that is the truth, but what “thus says the Lord.”