The following is from a Good Friday sermon my husband shared this year. I thought it was so good I wanted to share with my readers:
There are many great mountain top experiences in the Word of God.
- On Mount Horeb, God spoke to Moses from the burning bush
- On Mount Sinai, God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone
- On Mount Hor, Aaron transferred his priestly robes to his son Eleazar
- From Mount Nebo, Moses looked over into the Promised Land
- On Mount Moriah, Solomon built the Temple
- On the Mount of Transfiguration, Peter, James and John saw Jesus in His radiant glory
- From the Mount of Olives, Jesus would ascend into heaven
But the greatest of all of these is Mount Calvary, where Jesus was lifted up and died for our sins.
- On Mount Calvary, Jesus of Nazareth was lifted up, bled and gave HIs life for me
- On Mount Calvary Jesus, who walked the dusty roads of Judea, who could have called 10,000 angels chose rather to suffer and die
- On Mount Calvary, God let this sinless, spotless lamb of glory, the Messiah thirst to quench the spiritual thirst of ll mankind
- On Mount Calvary, God, who clothes the lilies of the fields, let His son hang naked and in shame for all to see and mock in derision and shame.
- On Mount Calvary, this precious little child who lay so innocently in a cradle in an animals’ stall in Bethlehem, now hung helpless and dying on a criminal’s cross in view of friend and foe alike.
- On Mount Calvary, earth has no darker sin, history no blacker page, humanity no fouler spot than the crucifixion of Jesus.
The old hymn states: “He did it all for me. When the Savior cried, bowed HIs head and died, He did it all for me.”
praise the Lord, He did it all for me; in spite of me and because of me. Praise the Lord for Mount Calvary, great post