It’s that time again! Off our children and grandchildren go to school.
School used to be a pretty safe place to be. In my generation many of us walked to school and back and no one worried about us being harmed in our walk. School was one of the safest places children could be.
Sadly, that is not true today. Not only do we have shootings in school but there we now worry about bullies and even about some of the teaching our older kids may receive.
Truly, school time is a time for us to pray for our children.
Along with prayers for safety, may I suggest the following:
- I pray you will be near them when I can’t be.
- I pray if they don’t feel your presence, they will seek you and discover you’re right there with them.
- I pray you will surround them with peace and comfort in every new situation.
- I pray when they are pressured, you will help them stand.
- I pray they find one good friend, a brother or sister in Christ because it’s hard to stand alone.
- I pray when they fail, they will forgive themselves and try again.
- I pray my kids will befriend those that are new, lonely or both.
- I pray they will be a blessing to their teacher and not a curse.
- I pray you will bless them with Godly teachers.
- I pray they will let their light shine, quietly or loudly, but in their own way.
- I pray above all, God, that you would use their challenges, disappointments and victories to draw them closer to you this school year.
And while you are praying for the children, don’t forget the teachers.