It has been two years now since I called it a day and retired from my job as an energy specialist for a power company. Often I thought the day would never come – it’s hard to believe it has already been two years now.
Top Ten Things About Retirement
10. No more committee meetings. I hated committee meetings – more talking about doing than actually doing. The only one I have to coordinate my schedule with is my husband.
9. No more blue Mondays! Monday is now just another day to do whatever I want.
8. No more deadlines to meet at work! I can clean my closet today – or tomorrow – or next week.
7. My time is my own! I don’t have to answer to anyone about how I have spent my morning. I can do – or not do – whatever I want when I want.
6. No more alarm clocks! I can get up at the crack of dawn to watch the sun rise (which I sometimes do in the summer) or I can wake up, pull the covers up tighter around me and sleep until mid-morning when I smell the coffee my husband has made (which is great on a cold winter morning).
5. No more calendars. No need to worry about what day of the week the holidays fall on – trying to add a day of vacation so I can make it three-day weekend.
4. No more fast foods! Working overtime I ate too much fast foods. So good to have the time and energy to make delicious home-cooked meals for my husband and myself.
3. Lots of time to read! I love to read and now I have all the time I want to enjoy books.
2. Lots of time to spend with my granddaughter! She is growing up so fast and I treasure having more time with her to make memories to last a lifetime.
The Number One Top Thing About Retirement!
1. Being able to spend time with my husband 24/7. With each year that passes, I am grateful for each moment we have together.